您的当前位置:首页正文

大学英语综合教程2翻译集锦

来源:独旅网
第一单元

1.任何年满18周岁的人都有资格投票

Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to vote.

2.每学期开学前,这些奖学金的申请表格就会由学校发给每一个学生

A form to apply for these scholarships is sent by the universities to each student before the start of each semester. 3.遵照医生的建议,我决定戒烟

On the advice of my doctor I decided to give up smoking. 4.公园位于县城的正中央。

The park is located right in the center of town. 5.这所大学提供了我们所需的所有材料和设备

The university provides all the materials and facilities we desire. 1.他的内心深处知道,他们永远也不会再见了

He knew in his heart that they would never meet again. 2.他们同意出版他的第一本书后,他终于感到自己快要成功了

He finally felt that he was on the road to success after they agreed to publish his first book. 3.他停下来喝了一口水,然后继续讲话。

He stopped to take a sip of water and then resumed speaking. 4.这个大项目使我们忙的今年都无法安排一次度假了。

The big project engages us so much that we can’t manage to take a holiday this year. 5.氧气是气体中最重要的一种,正如水是液体中最后最重要的一种一样。

Just as water is the most important of liquids, oxygen is the most important of gases. 第二单元

1.警察们正忙着填写关于这场事故的各种表格。

The policemen are busy filling out forms about the accident. 2.我想在还车之前把油箱加满。

I want to fill up the fuel tank before returning the car. 3.如果你要投诉,最好遵循正确的程序。

If you want to make a complaint, you’d better follow the correct procedure. 4.要不是约翰帮忙,我们决不会这么快就完成实验。

We couldn’t’t have finished the experiment so soon without John’s help. 5.暴风雨之后,岸边的人们焦急的搜索湖面以期发现小船的踪迹。

After the storm, the people on the shore anxiously scanned the lake for any sign of the boat. 1.没有身份证我不能放任何人进来,但对你来说是例外。

I’m not supposed to let anyone in without an ID card, but I’ll make an exception in your case. 2.他已经从失败中汲取教训,不会犯同样的错误。

He has learned his lesson from the failure and won’t repeat the mistake. 3.我对你的能力很有信心,相信你一定能成功。

I have great faith in your ability I’m sure you’ll succeed. 4.即使下着雨,我们还是继续比赛。

Even though it was raining, we still went on with our match. 5.我醒过来时发现自己躺在医院的床上。

I woke up to find myself lying on a hospital bed.

第三单元

1..我们需要通过减少道路上的车辆以降低燃料消耗。

We need to cut down on our fuel consumption by having fewer cars on the road. 2.电费上涨增加了我们的负担。

The rise in power costs has added to our burden. 3.你应该自己判断行事,别总是跟在你哥哥的后面。

You should judge by yourself, and not always follow your brothers’ lead. 4.那种发型今年很流行,但是我想明年就会过时。

That hairstyle is in fashion this year, but I am afraid it will be out of fashion next year. 5.在追求真理的过程中,我们注定要遭受失败的痛苦。

We are fated to suffer from many failures in our quest for truth. 1.我发现量入为出的过日子越来越难了。

I find it increasingly difficult to within my income. 2.现代政治家们都试图以电视讲话来影响普通百姓。

Modern politicians try to reach out to ordinary people in their TV speeches. 3.应该帮助学生对人生采取积极的态度。

Pupils should be helped to adopt a positive attitude to life. 4.希望全班同学参加这些讨论。

Everyone is the class is expected to participate in these discussions. 5.如果你犯了罪就必须受到惩罚。

If you commit a crime you must expect to be punished. 第四单元

1.她在公共汽车站一直等到末班车进站。

She waited at the bus stop until the last bus came in. 2.如果我们能帮的上忙,尽管和我们联系。

If there is any way we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. 3.他需要多少船务人员才能使他的游艇航行? How many crew does he need to sail his yacht? 4.虽然她的新书没有上一本好,但是我还是喜欢它。

I enjoyed her new book though it’s not quite as good as her last one. 5.我从未遇到过如此善良的人。

Never before have I met such a kind person. 1.公共汽车放慢速度并停下,让那位乘客上车。

The bus slowed down and stopped to allow the passenger to get on board. 2.许多车子都驶过去了,可是没有一辆愿意让我们搭便车。 Many vehicles rolled by, but no one offered us a ride. 3.请勿践踏草地。

Please get off the grass.

4.他按妻子的吩咐,一下班就去了市场。

He made his way to the marketplace right after work, as his wife had asked him to do. 5.值得庆幸的是,史蒂夫从自行车上摔下来的时候没有摔断骨头。 Luckily, Steven didn’t’t break any bones when he fell off his bike.

第五单元

1.我们得把感情放在一边,从专业角度来对待这件事。

We have to put aside our emotions and take it from a professional standpoint. 2.这部戏非常精彩,我很快就沉浸于激动人心的剧情之中。

The play was so wonderful that I soon lost myself in the excitement of it. 3.她没有什么爱好——除非你把看电视也算是一种爱好。

She hasn’t got any hobbies – unless you call watching TV a hobby. 4.他说他是直接从市长本人那里得到这个消息的。

He said that he had got the information first-hand from the Mayor himself. 5.既然你不能回答这个问题,我们最好问问别人。

Since you can’t answer the question, perhaps we’d better ask someone else. 1.由于公共汽车司机突然刹车,旅客们都不由自主的向前摔倒。

All the passengers pitched forward because the bus driver braked sharply. 2.这个协议将冲破对自由贸易设置的障碍。

This agreement will break through the obstacles to free trade. 3.我刚放下叫出租车的电话,车就来了。 The taxi arrived soon after I rang for it. 4.在过去不管我什么时候到家,我父母总会等我。

My parents always waited up for me no matter what time I got home. 5.由于没有一方愿意让步,两个公司之间的对话完全破裂了。

Talks between the two countries completely broke down, because neither of them wanted to give in. 第六单元

1.那件工作很难做,不过我想试试看。

It’s a difficult job, but I’d like to have a shot. 2.那是一本关于商务实践而非理论的书。

This is a book about business practice as opposed to theory. 3.社会活动从未耽误她的学习。

Social activities never get in the way of her studies. 4.直到1911年人们才发现第一种维生素。

It was not until 1911 that the first of the vitamins was identified. 5.很明显,自然灾害是造成这个国家经济危机的原因。

Natural disasters have obviously contributed to the country’s economic crisis. 1.的婚姻很幸福,但我们也曾经历过许多坎坷。

Our marriage is happy but we’ve had many ups and downs 2.许多外语教师常常在课堂上自己讲得太多。

Many teacher of foreign language are inclined to talk too much themselves in class. 3.那位著名演员每天早晨锻炼一个小时以保持健康。

The famous actor keeps fit by working out for an hour every morning. 4.与他促膝长谈之后,她的怀疑消失了。

After a long heart-to-heart talk with him, her suspicion melted away. 5.目前我们没有职位空缺,但我们肯定会记住您的申请。

We have no vacancies now, but we’ll certainly keep your application in mind..

第七单元

1.不后悔说过的话,只是觉得他完全可以不用这种方式表达。

He did not regret what he had said but felt that he could have expressed it differently. 2.我们最好等到12月14日。那天大卫已经考完试,就能和我们一起去度假了。

We’d better wait till 14 December. David will have had his exam by then, so he’ll be able to go on holiday with us.

3.他正在做一个新项目,年底前必须完成。

He’s working on a new project which has to be finished by the end of the year. 4.他们让我们使用他们的实验室,作为回报,我们则让他们分享研究成果。

They are letting us use their lab, and in return, we are sharing with them the results of our research.

5.诸如打电话,听电话一类的事情占用了这位秘书的大部分时间。

Such things as making and answering telephone calls take up most of the secretary time. 1.把房子卖了后就到加拿大和女儿住在一起。

They sold their house and went off to live in Canada with their daughter. 2.——你下星期这个时候会在干什么? ——还是像平常一样干活。

What will you be doing this time next week? -- I’ll be working as usual.

3.他既聪明又勤奋,不久就接管了杂志的编辑工作。

He was intelligent and hard-working and before long he took over the editing of the magazine. 4.你话还没说完别人就挂断电话,难道你不恼火吗?

Don’t you hate it when someone hangs up on you before you finish speaking? 5.让他们感到惊恐的是,他们的房顶着火了。

To their horror, the roof of their house caught fire. 第八单元

1.更为健康的饮食,人们现在比过去吃鱼多。

In pursuit of a healthier diet, people are eating more fish than they used to. 2.我们需要在坏天气到来之前叫人把屋顶修一修。

We need to have the roof repaired before the bad weather sets in. 3.这种疾病正在蔓延,所有儿童都有被传染的危险。

The disease is spreading, and all young children are at risk. 4.信息通过电话线从一台电脑传到另一台电脑。

The information is transmitted from one computer to another through a telephone line. 5.杰克是个相当好的赛跑运动员。他大多数情况下都能获胜。 Jack is a fairly good runner. He wins more often than not. 1.你删掉50个字,我们就可以把整个故事排在一页纸上。

If you delete 50 words, we can put the whole story on one page. 2.由那位著名拳击手亲笔签名的拳击手套正在展出。

On display were boxing gloves which bore the famous boxer’s signature. 3.我们想不通他怎么会干出那样的傻事。

We can’t figure out why he did such a dumb thing.

4.约翰逊一家对我很好,使我感到就像他们家的一员。

The Johnson were very kind to me. They made me feel like one of the family. 5.他们说,想就合同的细节和你谈谈。

They say they want to talk to you in connection with the details of the contract. 第八部分

1. 鲁迅是中国最伟大的作家,同时也是世界杰出的文人之一

Lu Xun is one of the greatest writer in China and one of the world’s outstanding men of letters.

2. 大部分研究生选择了文学作为其研究领域,其余的选择语言学

Most graduate students chose literature as their field of study, and the rest made linguistics their choice

3. 人们购买什么样的户型住户居住是根据其各自的特殊需要和有关专家的意见

People buy what kind of houses to live in on the basis of their special needs and on the advice of relevant experts 4

这些虚拟教学设施能使亚非学生在一个真实的情景中学习外语至少三个月

These virtual teaching facilities enable overseas students from Asia and Africa to learn a foreign language in a real-life situation for a minimum of three months 5

学生在作出决定前应该核查他们是否有资格加入这一俱乐部,因为他们每一个只有一次选择机会 Students should check carefully that they are eligible to join this club before making their decision, as each of them is restricted to only one choice

1. 我从不考虑我是否适合成为父母要我去做的人,虽然我一直听从父母的意愿

I’ve never stopped to question whether I’m fit to be what my parents want me to be though

I’ve always been listening to my parents.

2. 一个人所作的所有事情都受他的习惯、个性或生活方式的影响,是他的习惯、个性或生活方式告诉他

需要这样做

All the things one has done are influenced by what his habits, his personality, or his way of life tell him he needs to do so.

3. 大学是一个你可以与教授、学者一起工作的地方,因而你可以学习成为你想探索的任何领域的专门人

College is a place where you can work with professors and scholars, so you can learn to be

an expert in whatever field you want to be exploring. 4. 虽然我常翻阅杂志查看流行时尚,但依然受到传统服装样式的影响

Although I look to magazines for fashion, I am still affected by the traditional dressing style. 5. 因为人的本性让我们愿意打扮漂亮,所以我们往往跟着时尚模特的样子做

Because human nature makes us want to look nice, we follow the lead fashion models give us.

1. 在这个国家,以前从来没有这么多的人参加慢跑运动

Never before had so many people gone in for jogging in this country 2. 火箭升空的一刹那,所有人都显得很激动。突然,火箭爆炸,燃成了一个火球

All the people appeared to be excited the moment the rocket reared up into the sky when it

suddenly exploded into a ball of flames

3. 4点30分,飞机被劫持开往邻国

It was 4:30 P.M. when the airplane was hijacked and directed to a neighbor country 4. 包括9个海外工作的,全班30个同学都回来参加了聚会

All 30 classmates came back for the reunion party, including nine alumni who are now

working overseas

5. 警察仔细搜寻了凶杀现场,只找到了一个还在黑中冒着轻烟的烟头

All that remained as the police combed through the scene of the murder was a cigarette end

still smoking and flashing in the darkness

1. 我们要怎样才能找到合适的办法来引导残疾人士走向成功呢?

How can we find a proper way to steer disabled people toward success? 2. 不错,她是做过很可怕的事,但她已因此而受到惩罚,而且她现在也愿意为此做出补偿

It’s true that she did something terrible before, but she was already punished for that and

she’s willing to make it up for that.

3. 上大学时我曾几度醉心于看侦探小说,但大学几年的大部分时间我还是读了各种有关大自然的书籍 In college there were periods when I was highly focused on reading detective stories, but for

most of my college years I read a wide range of books on nature 4. 体操房并不是可以运动健身的唯一去处

The gym isn't the only place where you can exercise so as to keep energetic 5. 保持学习动力才会成功,除非你为你的职业生涯选择了一条死胡同

Staying motivated in your study can lead to success--- unless your choice ends up a dead

end for your career.

1. 从那一刻起,在哈利波特系列影片中担任主角的11岁少年丹尼意识到自己生活从此永远的改变了 From that moment on, 11-year-old Daniel who played the leading role in the “Harry Potter”

movies recognized that his life would never be the same. 2. 这个年轻人相信,不管前进途中有多少困难,他都会实现他的梦想

He was a young man who believed that he will fulfill his dream no matter how many

difficulties lie in the way.

3. 他的妻子在车祸中丧生之后,他才意识到妻子在他生活中曾经有多么重要

It wasn’t until his wife was killed in the accident that he realized how important she had been

in his life.

4. 手中拿着一本童话故事书时,我总觉得我被领进了一个美丽而纯洁的世界

With fairy tale book in hand, I always felt I was ushered into a world of beauty and purity. 5. 正像运动员要达到完美的地步需要日复一日反复训练一套打的日常训练计划中的少数动作一样,一个

好学生平日就应该不断努力充实自己

Just as an athlete achieves perfection by repeated training of a few actions of the larger

routine day after day, a good student should make continuous efforts to improve himself on a regular basis.

1. 尽管他有病在身,他却是我们公司尤其是销售部的顶梁柱

Despite his illness, he is a pillar of strength for our company and especially for the sales department

2. 她从不惧怕困难,因为她知道不管发生什么事,父母的关爱总会和她在一起

She never feared difficulties, because she knew that no matter what, her parents’ concern

and love would be there

3. 汤姆决定辍学,像任何有责任心的老师那样,威尔逊先生极力劝阻他改变主意

Tom decided to drop out of school, and Mr. Wilson tried to sway him from his decision, as

any responsible teacher would.

4. 结果,中国女子排球队接着获得一枚又一枚金牌,成为整个国家的一个令人激动的事件

As it turned out, the Chinese Women’s Volleyball Team went on to win one gold medal after

another, an exciting event for the whole country 5. 只要坚持下去,你的目标就一定能实现

Hang in there and your goal will certainly be achieved.

1. 听说这家高新技术公司实施了多种优惠政策以防止人才流失

It sounds like this high-tech company has put in place many favorable measures to protect

against brain drains.

2. 如果造纸厂为了追求高额利润而置环境问题于不顾,就着实堪忧了

The worry comes when paper-mills ignore the environmental pollution in pursuit of profits. 3. 参加托福考试前去上考前辅导班非常重要,但要想郑振学好英语这却不是一劳永逸之策

It’s vitally important that one attend a test-preparation class before taking a TOEFL test but

this cannot be a one-off event if he really want to have a good command of English 4. 医生的潜意识里应该随时留意潜在的危险,而且一旦出现紧张情况必须立刻采取适当的措施

The potential threat should always be in the back of a doctor’s mind and appropriate

measures should be taken in no time once emergency arises 5. 归根到底,科学和教育是一个国家兴旺发达的关键,而且应该坚持不懈

In the end, science and education are the keys to a prosperous county and this is a continual

process.

因篇幅问题不能全部显示,请点此查看更多更全内容